View Single Post
Old Nov 03, 2009, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by eye4wings
...design-build-fly-publish...
Ware, herts. U.K.
Joined Sep 2008
3,695 Posts
Well recovered!
I keep looking in here from time to time to check out progress.
The stress on the cut-and-paste section is not huge so no cause for alarm on that score.
I have to say that, whilst sympathising with you in the discovery and recovery (and the strain on nerves!) I have not had personal experience of that particular problem. Even if my drawings get damp and swell a bit I just land up with a slightly larger model because I permanently fix the nose section to the wing centre section then cover the join area with thin plastic while I build the tail section on. That way it always fits and the tail removes to afford the biggest access area to the workings that one could wish for. Not a helpful bit of information at this point, but maybe valuable for the next build.

On the subject of next build there are definitely Dragon Rapide part kits available in UK, so must be over there too. I am currently designing it's smaller brother the Dragonfly - and I am DEFINITELY not going to cut out all those different wing ribs by hand!

But better not distract from the main point - which is to get your Maryland into the air! (By the spring?)
eye4wings is offline Find More Posts by eye4wings