View Single Post
Old Nov 01, 2009, 08:04 PM
RyanPSU21 is offline
Find More Posts by RyanPSU21
Registered User
RyanPSU21's Avatar
USA, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Sep 2000
3,789 Posts
After recovering from the festivities of Friday night I went back to work on it Saturday afternoon. The chop the fuselage in half and add an inch option won out. I think I added enough structure in to make up for the sheeting being cut since the fuselage top was meant to be structural across that area and is now not. I added a few 1/4" squares across the seperation up to the front of the wing and extending back to the rear of the wing mount. After that I went on and trimmed the wing and got the leading edge dowel in place. I cleared off my wing alignment fixture (aka kitchen table) put the wing and fuse together finally and got the wing mount blocks and in. She finally goes together and looks like a plane finally a year after being started.

The fuselage and tail are now 1% larger then drawn. The wing and nacelle's are 6% larger then drawn. The wing and everything on it are 5% proportionately larger then the fuselage. Hopefully won't be too noticeable. Otherwise it will just look hot rodded with larger engines.
RyanPSU21 is offline Find More Posts by RyanPSU21