Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by modfly
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeljim View Post
and seen it fly in person. It's roughly the same size as the Parkzone P-51, maybe 1/2" bigger wingspan. It's actually, "prettier" than the PZ with a better finish, clear cockpit & more scale-looking landing gear.

I didn't look inside the fuse, but was told it has "real" servos. It is 2.4 ghz (not compatible with Spektrum) and comes with it's own transmitter. I already own the PZ micro P-51 so I don't need this one, but the Spitfire is a beauty so it does tempt me.

It does lack a rudder and the tailwheel is in the scale position, so it would take quite a bit to add a rudder and move the tailwheel. Honestly, unless you just enjoy bashing these kits, it would be silly to add the weight necessary to do all that. Also, a rudder is totally unnecessary on these micros.

It performs in a similar manner to the PZ P-51 ie, not real fast, slow roll rates, etc, but is fun to buzz around in a small area.
Well, thanks for the review but I totally disagree that a rudder is unnecessary on these micros. Not only can you do more precise moves in the air using rudder coordinated with ailerons etc, but you can also steer the plane on the ground. You must like to fetch your plane. I do not and I also think adding a rudder will not be that difficult.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly