Find More Posts by teeceeveecee
Old Submariner
United States, WI, Milton
Joined Dec 2007
634 Posts
Skybolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkus View Post
Tom,I know you're loving that Skybolt bipe. Man ,I have a great scheme for one of these larger SlowPokes. I'll email ya when I get thru with some tests and have a little more time. THANKS,Ressie
Hi Ressie:

You bet I am, the Skybolt is a OUTSTANDING flyer ! I have a OS .91 Pumped in it and they are so reliable with that fuel pressure system I have never had a deadstick. I am gradually going to have my entire glow fleet changed over to pumped or supercharged engines. YS keeps telling us about the .70 "coming out soon". I have a YS .63 and love it so I know the .70 will be great also. I need another engine in this size range. I have my OS/P .91, a YS 91.Supercharged and a YS 1.20 Supercharged but I still have a OS .52 4-stroke and a Saito .56 4-stroke and everything else is gas. So I will be looking at phasing out the .52 and .56 with replacements. If I could pick up a couple of decent YS .63's used (since they are no longer made) I would take a hard look.

The Skybolt airframe is, in my opinion; one of those great combinations where it all came together. Looks, performance and soundness. It has fantastic tracking, loops and rolls are so pure they make me look a lot better than I am and four points---- aaahhhhh !

Looking forward to the Slowpoke scheme.

Best,

Tom
teeceeveecee is offline Find More Posts by teeceeveecee