View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2009, 01:58 PM
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
31,944 Posts
Hi Guys....

Thanks for your suggestions, and I will most certainly try them...

Last night, before bed, I did go out into my shop for just a moments, and tried something. I manually moved the rudder, and it will go WAY beyond the point where the servo moves it and with no binding I can feel. The one thing I think might be causing this though are the springs on the tail wheel assembly. They seem like they are possibly a bit tight, but if too loose, you don't get good steering response while taking off or taxiing.

And...

Quote:
Draknkep, very cool pictures, awesome color scheme. How does she 3D at that weight?
I will admit, I am more of a sport flier, with a few 3D "moves" thrown in. The plane only has about 8 flights on it, and while it has lots of power, I hadn't started to dial in the throws, (which is why I was asking about the servos, and servo arms etc.. ) She does have as I said right at 199 watts per pound, and even though she is a bit portly, she doesn't feel that way.

You can see one fly on fuel here just scroll down to the video...I think mine actually flies better....the guys at my field have all commented on how much power she has.

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Oct 20, 2009 at 03:55 PM.