View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by P-51C
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Cool
Show off your Parkzone Micro P-51!!!

With all of the threads on the micro mustang out there, and some cool color schemes getting buried in them, I thought we should have a thread for everyone to show off their color scheme changes and tell everyone how they did it.

So, I will start with my repaint to the Passion Wagon scheme:

First I pulled off the original stickers. Most took the paint with them, and on the vertical fin it seemed to take a bit of the foam also. What can you do though, onward and upward!

Then I removed the exhaust stacks and masked of the canopy area. Next, feeling too lazy to pull out the airbrush and get testors paints, I used Tamiya TS-32 haze grey and TS-5 olive drab straight out of the rattle can, masking off the grey prior to putting on the OD.

Lastly, I contacted Callie Graphics, http://www.callie-graphics.com/ , and asked if she could make a set of decals for the small mustang. She said that some of the decals would have the green around them due to equipment constraints but she would try to get it close to the colors I was using. I asked for a set for Passion Wagon and for Shangri La (I may convert my second one to a C-Model).

I think she did a great job for the little mustang. However, I sent her some pictures to show her the results, and she said she wanted them to be a closer match and will continue to try and get them closer for others. (I ordered a set of graphics for a large stearman from her at the same time, and they are great!). This was my first dealing with Callie, based on recommendations here and on RCU, and I have to say I have been very pleased with her work...I am sure you will be too.

I haven't decided if I am going to bother with the spinner color or not yet.

O.K., that is my first re-paint of the Micro Mustang, lets see YOURS!!!
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Last edited by P-51C; Oct 21, 2009 at 09:44 AM.