View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
16,187 Posts
Please don't flame me...

First, disclaimers: I have no authorization by anyone to do this. I might have made a mistake. I tried my best to get the scores from various websites and copied them in many cases from a .jpg to a database. YMMV, please take everything with a grain of salt, this is meant for fun, etc. AKA please donít flame me.

I was curious to see who would have qualified for a team selection from this seasonís 13 contests listed on http://www.f3k.us/ . If there are any contests that should have been on here but are not, somebody could let me know and then I will add that to the analysis. I used the rules available here http://www.f3k.us/page2.html to try to score this.

I made a few assumptions as some of the data was a little bit unusual. I did not have round by round data for most of these events so I just assumed that each contest met the # of rounds requirements. Also there was some issues with the data for example the BASS contest was a 2 day but only Saturday results were listed on the ESL website. I just assumed those were close to the overall. I used the flyoff results wherever possible to do the standings. I also took the sportsman classification out of the equation. What this meant was if a contest like Polecat had 6 experts and 6 sportsman in the flyoffs, the sportsman only counted in the final results if they would have made the flyoffs had they been an expert. So this means that Scott Z. as a sportsman at Polecat was included in the final results. But Frank Dumas got credit for 8th place at Polecat even though he was not in the flyoffs.

Based on my analysis 34 pilots would be invited to the team selection event from this seasonís 13 contests. Here is the list:

Adam Weston
Aradhana Singh Khalsa
Arend Borst
Bruce Davidson
Buddy Roos
Charlie Morris
Chris Lee
Craig Robinson
David Klein
Dick Proseus
Doug Pike
Frank Dumas
Gary Jenson
George Morris
Gerald Taylor
Ivan MacKenzie
James Hohensee
Jeff Carr
Jim Schoon
Joe Wurts
John Kappus
Jun Catacutan
Kevin Brotherway
Larry Jolly
Michael Seid
Nathan Miller
Oleg Golovidov
Phil Barnes
Scott Zastoupil
Sean Porter
Shane Spickler
Steve Meyer
Todd Griffen
Troy Lawicki

Hope you all find this list interesting. Please nobody flame me.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke