View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:44 AM
Find More Posts by davereap
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,514 Posts
Good luck with that one steve..

Ive got some push/pull props and new motors on their way for the twin.. so thats on hold for a couple of days

Ive been searching for KF builds and links for the links thread but I am now not finding much more to put on..so keep your eyes open everybody and PM me anything you find thats not on here... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1122108 which ive got up to 60 posts on..its worth a look through ...to see what ive missed
Please PM me if you know of any other build logs

Doing the searches has led me down a few threads relating to DLG builds, and I have read more comments which echoed my findings with KF steps on DLG flying wings.
What I found is that they lack penetration and fly/sink slowly but going nowhere..
Making them heavier actualy aids the glide
Ive been thinking on trying much thinner KF wings with slight undercamber. Profiling the LE and tapering the TE. having the gear enclosed using pod and boom with rudder and elevator only
The best glider wings ive used were from an amigo and these were thin with the profile I described

any thoughts.. or has anyone tried this

edit..for your info I found this silicone piping that when cut down makes for excellent bands for your prop savers
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Oct 15, 2009 at 05:32 AM.