Old Oct 07, 2009, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by matwelli
1400 watt RW Zephyr
Taranaki New Zealand
Joined Sep 2003
1,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
Twin Microdans Ohhh now your thinking bout it.......
Briefly, but common sense prevailed

Ok, progress

Bays cut, I can fit almost ANY battery in here

Servos Cut

Golden rod channels cut - I use the Wing spar soldering iron, and a straight edge, held 19 mm of the TE so the golden rod run is strait and tapers out of the wing nicely.

Motor Plate Cut in, went from the bottom of the wing, as I want it LOW to accomodate the L bracket taht teh Waypoint outrunner is bolting to.
As you can see in the pics, its resting rite on the Two main Spars (you can also see how the PU has filled every void in the EPP in that area)

Initially this was going to be a lite floater, for FPV/Ap whatever , but two things have changed - 1 something bigger is coming that will do that role, and 2, Trappys OSD video changed my View on the Zephyr, now building it like a sport wing.

Comments on the Build so far.

This is my 4th Wing, 3rd done the Rite way. This would have to be the easiest so far as far as placing gear, no longer measuring mm to squeeze batts and servos between the surfaces of the wing. the layout is nice and easy, and I still have about 15mm beneath the batts in the centre.

Initially I thought it was a big wing, but now it feels RITE.

Second thing - this is a hard wing to photo, had to put it on the kids trampoline and stand on a chair, and tilt the camera to get it all in !
matwelli is offline Find More Posts by matwelli
Last edited by matwelli; Oct 07, 2009 at 04:08 PM.