Thread: Build Log Passer X
View Single Post
Old Oct 02, 2009, 04:59 AM
fredo21 is offline
Find More Posts by fredo21
Never too much detail
fredo21's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
497 Posts
Thanks yaitsfast I have fixed that.

Reworked the canopy fixing. Didn't like tape.
Put piano wire to secure the front, You need to cut a slot in the front to stop the wire scratching the motor.

I used two rare earth magnets to secure the rear. Drilled a hole fit the magnets. Put 2 rare earth magnets together with some cling wrap between them. Put them in the hole so the outer magnet was flush with the outside of the fus and epoxied the inner magnet from the inside. Once that had set I repeated the process, using cling wrap and epoxying the canopy the outer magnet whilst fitted. Note before gluing the canopy make sure you can remove the outer magnet. It is a tight fit and although not glued in the hole a combination of cling wrap and epoxy can make it hard to remove. I found I need to drill a small hole next to it to remove it the first time before glueing to the canopy.

Stuart
fredo21 is offline Find More Posts by fredo21
Reply With Quote