View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2009, 04:06 AM
Find More Posts by atmosteve
Suspended Account
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Please Help Name The Flying Strawberry

Thanks friends for voting a name for this odd wooden slope soarer, and if you are a browser or lurker of the woody thread then please feel free to help name it too.

Next year i will aim to build a larger full house version of this thing, but with a modern airfoil. I've enjoyed discovering the nature of the NACA 0010 for this type of model, it's an old school foil. These days we need something that has a is more dynamic at different speeds and a more diverse alpha profile over those speeds, or something like that. All the same though I'm really impressed with this very docile yet quick airfoil, for this application and intention, its a sweet airfoil, but it does actually feel like an oldie compared to say an RG foil, its really hard to explain. I've learn't a few valuable things in the process and its been more than worth the trouble.

My god i love this hobby/sport, its so rewarding! best thing i ever did in the noughties was renew an interest in the hobby of my youth, and discover that there was still a big love for timber sailplanes and their building, its priceless. Thanks Glen for taking these pictures, you are not such a bad bloke after all.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Last edited by atmosteve; Oct 01, 2009 at 04:09 AM. Reason: pics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)