Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by FrogChief
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock
Well after more research into the place It's just not going to do. Electricity is from solar panel/battery bank and isn't enough to run my shop equipment, So it's back to the oh so fun job of house hunting. It's a shame this one didn't work out. I really liked that place and I could have really fixed it up with a little (lot) of work.

As far as the winter weather in that area I'm not too worried about it. I've been in it before. Having a survival kit in my ride is normal for me. I have been told that it's also a good idea to carry a firearm on your property as well. Seems that bears and moose like to come a calling. Both can have an attitude at times. I think a 10MM auto loader would make a good attitude adjuster. Granted I don't like the thought of having to shoot an animal but I'd rather see them on the dinner table than myself.

So far the house hunting has only turned up tiny little lots. I want at least a couple of acres (10-15 max), a real house, not a trailer, and cable/power lines. I'll find one that fits the bill yet.

In the meantime... Let's get back to building talk here people! Enough of my (mis) adventures in the land of house hunting.

Have you considered Wyoming or are you set on Idaho? Living 10-15 miles outside (north) of Casper you can get a great place in the high desert with unlimited soaring potential, yet only be 20 mins from civilization.

Casper's a nice place. Just a thought.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)