View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by The Don
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,622 Posts
It is coming in the next few days as I spent this past weekend visiting several local RCG clubs looking for a new field to fly at. The problem I have currently is the clubs I belong to now have too rough a field to ROG and my EDFs are getting bigger and I do not want to hand launch 3 pound models and frankly my bungee scares the hell out of me as I pull that bungee cord back. I do not mind belly landing just need to ROG to get into the air.

The good news is I flew at a field yesterday that is perfect. They have a 100 x 1000 grass filed that is rolled with a regular old street roller multiple times during the season and the grass is cut as low as they can go and it is like a fairway. ROG was a breeze and I am very excited as I wanted to put the gear in my XB-70 but had no idea where to fly it. I was having bad luck with retracts on my other models. I tried landing my RC Lander Panther on grass as the one field I fly at and the nose wheel ripped out, so I knew I had to find a new place and I did. I am all excited now!

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member