Thread: Question H-9 T-34 Mentor ARF....
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2003, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by therotund1
Carrying a lot of weight!
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Progress report....

The wing is together. It fought me all the way. The center ribs didn't mate up too well so I sanded them. Both wing joiners fit well. Dihedral is correct. 2 hours invested including double checking the measurements on the wing bolts and aileron interior and exterior opening ribs. It has been mentioned at another site that this could be a problem soooo, measure twice, glue once! Mine is not off as reported.

Test fit into the fuselage presented a new problem. The wing wont seat at the rear. The wing has a flat segment where it meets the fuse in the front of the wing saddle. The corners at the top front of the wing are holding the wing back. I'll need to sand the forward opening about 1/16" at the upper corner. Not a major deal, just a little time.

A few notes about this plane. The covering is impeccable! The wing is fully sheeted too. It has an air of quality about it. I'm still happy.

hooter is a friend of mine, everyone say hello! (waits for "hello hooter") I'm happy to know his first post at RCGroups is a poke at me!

He too is an RCU refugee.

More tomorrow! Stay tuned....

Dave,
slow? I got passed by a turtle....
therotund1 is offline Find More Posts by therotund1