Thread: Discussion royal william
View Single Post
Old Sep 01, 2009, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by yancovitch
Joined Oct 2006
921 Posts
thanks amazone....yes...i bought those figures too.....i think those are 1/32 scale and i correct myself...my scale is 1/36th.....so i would have to shorten those figures....like take off a section at the waist or shorten the legs......i read that sailors in those days were shorter too........fun to see someone had the same idea as i did..
jerry....looks great....those models ..an amazing concept....what a presentation!! ....i couldn't do that for the life of me
dan...didn't receive any pm....sent you an email in two parts...separate controls would be maybe too difficult for me at this stage...had i known you fellas in the beginning..maybe.....anyways i wasn't considering trying to sail the royal william correctly, so i found the simplest way to get it in the water with minimum control....i was mostly concerned with the visual emotional impact, opposed to a static museum piece.....just to go back an forth on a kinda sorta in a way, beamish reach.....in turning, i go into the wind, then back up in the opposite direction and away i go...of course i can only do this a few time before i reach shore watching these ships in the water is a flip flop for the heart...as you all have experienced....
ps...i wonder if i could make a rack for it on top of my smart car
yancovitch is offline Find More Posts by yancovitch
Last edited by yancovitch; Sep 01, 2009 at 10:16 AM.