Old Aug 29, 2009, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by ktaylor
Oh look I'm bleeding...
USA, IL, Rock Island
Joined Dec 2005
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnchris
No flying, here, for a couple of days....Weather dude just won't co-operate. I'm thinking about making up some type of load to cycle lipos. I tried a heating element from a scrap coffee pot, but it would only draw .9 amps from a 3S.....I wish I still had some of the military surplus stuff, I had years ago. I had an adjustable carbon pile that I could pull 0-70 amps from continously. The thing was fan cooled, which was a good thing, as you could have toasted weenies on the thing when it was really cookin.

Pat, if I have a large battery pack to cycle down, & sometimes even my small ones, I just put a plane in the airplane cradle, & hook up the watts up meter, plug everything in & set the throttle to where it's pulling a low amp draw. Depends upon the motor system, something big that can take 50 amps or more, I'll run at a 10 amp draw rate. Then from there I just keep track of the amp meter while I play with other toys. Run it down to 1/2 or the rated capacity for storage & if I'm doing a full cycle, down to 3 volts per cel.
ktaylor is offline Find More Posts by ktaylor