View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6
Yep, you do get my drift. I was thinking of machining up a new top retainer with deeper sides so it limits the amount of angle the flybar can pivot. I realize this will probably decrease the stability, or ability of the 400 to correct itself, but it should also limit how "out of control" it gets on abrupt change in direction. My spare flybar has arrived so I will start playing around a bit with length and put some temporary shims on it to limit it's movement to see how it effects the flight performance.

Don't get me wrong the 400 Lamas standard fly very nicely, I just can't help tinkering. LOL
What is to get wrong about it? The Lama4 flies nicely (even more so if it happens to be of those that come from the factory with the servo horns in the 2nd hole) ... and yet it is the most modded heli on the planet (coax, that is)
Tinkering or ... "tinkeritis" (I think that is the term doctors gave that psychological condition ) is a very useful and admirable trait (in our hobby anyway) and the rc helis would surely not be where they are today if it weren't for the people who suffer from it ...

Regards,
Sven
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member