Find More Posts by moody152
We would rather be flying!
Pontiac, MI
Joined Mar 2009
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotterone
Hi All,

After an unfortunate incident with the wrong (standard) prop on the standard motor, I had to buy a new brushless motor for my Piaget. I read through this thread (and a few others) and couldn't decide between the Turnigy 2204-14T 19g Outrunner and the Hextronic 24g brushless outrunner, so I got both.

Turnigy 2204-14T

Hextronik 24g 1500kv

I've now tried both of them, and neither has the performance of the standard motor. It seems to now need 2/3 - 3/4 throttle just to hover, and it's vertical performance is well down on what it was with the standard brushless outrunner, even though the standard motor looks a lot smaller. This may be a function of the standard propeller that I used on the standard motor (which caused overheat/death), but I'm using the recommended 8x3.8SF prop on the 2 new motors.

I'm also using 2S 800mah lipo's, which is unchanged from when the original motor was in it.

Can anyone recommend a better motor for the Piaget that will not affect the balance too much, yet gives me back the performance of the standard motor? I would prefer if it was in the Hobby City catalogue, because postage to Australia is otherwise diabolically expensive.

I would also prefer not to change to 3S, only because I already have 7 new 2S 800mah lipo's that will otherwise have no use.

Cheers,

Leo

Hello
Just to let you know that the recomended C20 Pro outrunner from Techone Hobby is a 2050kv. Your motors are less RPM, hope this helps and good luck.

Dave/Desire Hobby RC
www.desirehobbyrc.com
moody152 is offline Find More Posts by moody152
Last edited by moody152; Aug 09, 2009 at 08:09 AM.