View Single Post
Old Aug 08, 2009, 03:56 AM
Find More Posts by spotterone
Can you DS it??
Australia, NSW, Berowra
Joined Aug 2008
1,420 Posts
Hi All,

After an unfortunate incident with the wrong (standard) prop on the standard motor, I had to buy a new brushless motor for my Piaget. I read through this thread (and a few others) and couldn't decide between the Turnigy 2204-14T 19g Outrunner and the Hextronic 24g brushless outrunner, so I got both.

Turnigy 2204-14T

Hextronik 24g 1500kv

I've now tried both of them, and neither has the performance of the standard motor. It seems to now need 2/3 - 3/4 throttle just to hover, and it's vertical performance is well down on what it was with the standard brushless outrunner, even though the standard motor looks a lot smaller. This may be a function of the standard propeller that I used on the standard motor (which caused overheat/death), but I'm using the recommended 8x3.8SF prop on the 2 new motors.

I'm also using 2S 800mah lipo's, which is unchanged from when the original motor was in it.

Can anyone recommend a better motor for the Piaget that will not affect the balance too much, yet gives me back the performance of the standard motor? I would prefer if it was in the Hobby City catalogue, because postage to Australia is otherwise diabolically expensive.

I would also prefer not to change to 3S, only because I already have 7 new 2S 800mah lipo's that will otherwise have no use.

Cheers,

Leo
spotterone is offline Find More Posts by spotterone