Thread: Discussion New hyperion motors??
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2009, 02:59 AM
Find More Posts by NipponDave
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash McCrash
I finally bought a ZS motor. Everything about this motor is a step up in quality, from a layman's point of view. When I opened the new packaging (very nice) I was greeted with a piece of art. The new design 4025's have a smooth can vs the old z series. The anodizing is flawless. the machine work on the new 5 bolt mount is beautiful. Fit and finish are excellent. No slop in the bearings, the can doesn't move fore/aft at all. I was very impressed. The collet has nice grip edges for the prop to bear down on. Very impressed David. You guys definitely stepped up your game. Bravo! Now lets see the performance. ZS4025-10, 6S 3300's, 1212 or 1312 APC prop on a Hangar 9 Sundowner 50... Should be exciting!

Mike
Glad you like it, Mike. We're stepping up the game on all the other products with each new production run, too. Packaging, manuals, materials and design, and especially performance are all getting close attention. A lot of people have been working hard on the new releases, and I like the way things are turning out... We are fortunate to have good people who love their work and the results.

Note again that much of our prop data was done using old tired G2 batteries , so do be sure to start with props on the small side and measure current if using G3 packs...

David
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave