View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by flyinghigh
TDI Abuser
Joined Sep 2002
4,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneygt
Most stock 82 numbers on 15% w/ an apc 14x4w that I've seen are approx 9900 +/- 300-400. And mine is right around 10K - may have been 10100 but not totally sure (that's with a spinner on it).

Are you using a "turbo muffler"?

I have a 100 on a warbird with a pipe (angle adapter & macs flex pipe) and I believe that added a couple hundred extra rpm - low to mid 9Ks with a 3-bladed 14x7, IIRC. I've another 100 w/ stock muffler and it turns a 2-blade ma k-series 15x6 at about 9300 or 9400, IIRC. (roughly the same as the 3-bladed 14x7) - - all on 15% cool power/omega mixed.
Yes Im using a turbo header . My engines are good and broke in on those numbers (2gallons)and all of them have showed those numbers also. Ill take video of thrust and rpm next time I fire one up.
Im also using a Fromeco and Glow Bee tach both are turning up the same numbers for the past couple years.

Now when you first break in you may be turning over 10,000 rpm but then the power gains kick in and I re-tune every couple tanks until the LSN stops richening up .
flyinghigh is offline Find More Posts by flyinghigh