View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:08 PM
Find More Posts by micro_builder
United States, MN, Corcoran
Joined Jan 2005
4,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trust416
.....oh and just to add, I dunno why there are so many sukhoi threads in here anyways as it is not RTF
Better here than in the Micro/Indoor forum, remember when the original X-Twin and AA Bipes first started filtering in? There were so many threads they created this Micro RTF forum to deal with them all In fact, this forum looks much like the Micro/Indoor forum did when the Bipes took over...it'll calm down eventually, I think

RE toys vs not, I've always thought of it as, toy=cheap, non-serviceable, "throw-away" vs not-a-toy=more quality, replacement parts, "hobby grade." I think the older technology planes like the AA and others will still have a good place in the hobby, they're cheap and make for great ways to first learn to fly, and for us tinkerers and builders, the parts are worth the money alone.

That being said, the PZ planes and electronics have really opened the door for micro RC. Sure, you could've had a micro 4 channel plane of your own 5 years ago, but it didnt cost 100 bucks!! Either way, I think I'll still fly my old bipe now and then

Nick
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
Last edited by micro_builder; Jul 24, 2009 at 05:13 PM.