View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2009, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by SUNSQUINT
the lift is always in the sun!
USA, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2008
461 Posts
I had one and loved it....built it in '82 and flew till '95 or so. It had a short production run only because Top Flite closed up not long after it came out.

The E-205 foil was better than the typical flat bottom foil of it's time. It likes be flown a little faster than say, a Gentle Lady and more like the Spirit.

If I were to build one today, (and I probably would if I had one), I would certainly take advantage of today's much, much lighter radio gear and servos. I built mine with standard heavy servos and full size receiver. I would use servos like HS-81's. I also would power the spoilers with something like an HS-55 in each wing instead of the old thread system pulled by a single standard servo in the fuse as drawn in the plans....

Todays newer, lighter gear will drop as much as 5 or 6 ounces off of the original design. If you build it as an electric, this weight savings is subtantial and you could still end up lighter than the design weight.

Add a little carbon to the top and botton of the spar and your wing will be strong enough for Hose Monster hi-starts and medium winches (assuming you build it as a pure glider).

Good luck and enjoy....
SUNSQUINT is offline Find More Posts by SUNSQUINT