Old Jul 14, 2009, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by Ercoupe Ed
Vintage Flyer
Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpin455
Laine if you decide to go to Oshkosh again this year, call me and let me know I am not far away and I havent been yet. I just need to figure out some way to get around without walking..

Thumpin455

The EAA has motorized 3 wheel scooters you can rent
Or if you have one, you can bring it, but it has to be registered and have proof of insurance, and you will be given(have to purchase) an EAA gate pass sticker to put on it which allows you in certain areas
Golf carts can be rented also, but this year ( 2009) traffic like
Golf carts and John Deere Gators will be restricted, so the danger of foot traffic and motorized vehicles will be reduced.
There were just so many gators and golf carts being used in the areas where there were a lot of pedestrain traffic, occcasionally people would get hit,and a lot of teenagers were using them, and speeding around in them
Being on the vAA Security team, we often had to stop these folks and ask them to slow down
This year only EAA authorized vehicles , the County Sheriif deputy cars and Wisconsin State Police vehicles will operate in these areas

Also there are the trams which haul people around.
So if you've never been to Oshkosh, the place is vast!
On airport aircraft parking usually reaches close to 10 to 12,000 aircraft

If you should need a golf cart or scooter, ask the volunteers who run the main gate entrance, and they'll point you in the right direction
The Oshkosh show has about everything under the sun that pertains to aviation.
Forums where youy can learn to weld, cover airframes with fabric, wiring, etc, etc and it's all free!

Theater in the Woods will have some great entertainment this year.
All the shows are free, and the one I like the best is Jeff Dunham, the vent riloquist and his puppets!
Last year, Jeff drew the largest crowd ever for a Theater in the Woods performance.
It was estimated that over 10,000 people attended!
Jeff Dunham himself is helicopter pilot and builds his own helicopters
He is sp[onsored by Rotorway

To just give anyone an idea about Oshkosh, go the website

www.eaa.org and click on the "Oskosh" Spirit of Aviation video and watch it.

If anyone goes to see the new movie "Public Enemies" , it was partially filmed on the Oshkosh airport, and on Pioneer Fiield on the airport and some other filming was done in downtown Oshkosh.
The EAA Ford Trimotor was used in the new movie also.
Part of the movie set props we donated to the EAA and are in one of the hangars on Pioneer Field.

If you come, have fun and enjoy yourself!
It's a GREAT PLACE with the greatest people you could ever want to meet!

Maybe I'll see you guys there!
Ed VAA Security Team
Ercoupe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Ercoupe Ed
Last edited by Ercoupe Ed; Jul 14, 2009 at 01:44 PM.