Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by datazman
Just Plane Crazy
United States, NY, McGraw
Joined Apr 2004
710 Posts
Photo coverage!

Hello all:
I spent 5 hours at Warbirds Over Delaware on Saturday and the following posts are a record of my visit and experiences.

First I would like to say; AWESOME! This was my first visit to this event and was definitely overwhelmed with the whole thing. At the flight line was constant flying of all kinds of Giant Scale Military model aircraft. From a photographers point of view; there was simply too much to shoot in the 5 hours I spent there. I opted to, after seeing the big picture to only take in-flight photos of planes during the noon show because of the ‘Giant’ number of models in attendance.

For those of you that do not know me: I am an Aero-Modeler myself and Freelance Professional Photographer on the side. It just does not get any better than combining two passions and have fun doing it!

This event also brought a new closeness with my daughter Lindsey and I. I have not seen her in two years as she lives in Alabama and runs a Doggie Daycare and has little time off. She was also overwhelmed with the event and had an awesome time as well. She is a darn good photographer as well so some of her pictures are mixed in with the postings. Needless to say Lindsey now understands my passion for Aero-Modeling now and has requested to watch me fly something of my own before she has to return to Alabama.

ON WITH THE PHOTOS!

This first group of photos in my opinion gets my award for extra effort. Bob Keirbley from Middletown, NJ and Adam and Jennifer Lilly of Fairfield, NJ dressed in 40’s Army Air Corp attire. What a great way to add realism and class to the event. BRAVO! The plane photos are of Adam flying at the noon show with Jennifer along side for a touch of realism. Adam flew his craft in a way that should not have been possible and was quite a show. Thank you.

It should also be noted that Jennifer is an R/C Pilot. She enjoys flying her Trainer and a 1/5 scale Taube.
datazman is offline Find More Posts by datazman