View Single Post
Old Jul 07, 2009, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by Glasswalker
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
131 Posts
lol wierd. The manual from the ESC says to connect ESC but not the motor, then power up with throttle on full, then it will play a tune. I ended up having to do exactly that (but with the motor connected). Interesting didn't know it was the motor that played the tune.

I manually spun the motor by hand and went through a couple revolutions of the main gear. It wobbles but only about a mm or so in each direction, it never touches anything I can see, and never rides off the main portion of the pinion at all.

I did notice when looking up close there appears to be small fibres of plastic dust on the pinion and near it on the chasis and such after that short spin up... Is it possible my pinion is eating up the main gear?

It's a 12T pinion from LHS. I brought the heli/motor into them and they found one that fit the shaft of my 2836 Turnigy motor. I have the motor pushed up against the main gear as tight as I can get it. and locked into place. It appears to be meshing ok.

This noise just has me a bit spooked, don't want to trash the main gear or have it shake itself apart lol...

Any further suggestions? Anything I can photograph or videotape closer up to give you more information?

Thanks!
Glasswalker is offline Find More Posts by Glasswalker