View Single Post
Old Jul 07, 2009, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by Glasswalker
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
131 Posts
Discussion
HK450 does this sound right? (motor sounds strange)

Hey, so my radio arrived. I have hooked it up and followed Jasmine's instructions on setting up the DX6i. Went well, all servos appear to be working right, everything appears to be in the right place.

Then I programmed the ESC according to instructions. Only thing that was odd is that I found it wouldn't program at all unless the motor was connected. If motor was disconnected got no tones at all from the ESC, but with motor connected it played the tune as expected.

Anyway, when done, I accidentally spun up the motor (because motor was connected) nothing was near heli so it was all good, just surprised the hell out of me lol

Anyway, when it did, it sounded odd. Like a gear skipping or rubbing funny... Not sure what's making the noise, so I recorded it to post here.

Also main gear has a bit of a wobble. But doesn't appear to be rubbing anywhere I can see. No binding anywhere I can tell. at least as far as main gear to tail gear, and in tail belt and so on. So I think it might be between the main gear and the pinion.

By the way. The highest this got is about 5% on the stick from the bottom of throttle. (after throttle curves set as per Jasmine's instructions, and in normal mode, not idle up)

Please let me know your thoughts and any suggestions.

Here's the vid:

First spin up of motor on HK450 (0 min 22 sec)
Glasswalker is offline Find More Posts by Glasswalker