Find More Posts by tim hooper
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,533 Posts
Re: MM Zagi Flap

Quote:
Originally posted by Waxer

Tim, when you buried yours near the epp, the two types of foam didn't begin to separate did they? Or did you make sure and bury the spars more into the reg. foam? Also, it's been fun reading your Bandit threads. I'm guessing you don't run the motors the full flight like with the Zagi's but you reach your height level and then shut down until you need to head back up? I've never seen a hotliner fly before so I don't know the drill.
Waxer,

The 3mm cf rods lay flush with the surface of the wing, and are quite visible appearing to be a thin black 'trim-line'.

At a tangent, thanks for following the Bandit threads!Yes, it's a new discipline; full throttle for 10 secs or so to get the plane from ground to a smallish dot, then cut the motor to perform aerobatics on the glide or hunt for lift. The only time I use part-throttle is on launch itself, and as soon as the plane has accelerated a little it's full-throttle and point the nose up!

The CP1300's are great cells. How did you fit them in your Zagi!? I use 8x800AR's in mine.

tim
tim hooper is online now Find More Posts by tim hooper