Find More Posts by Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markw365
Here's mine post crash damage. Broken control horn and prop. Was doing an inverted pass about waist high, got to the edge of the field and wham, it was just slammed into the ground. Got a post "crash" comment of, yeah, when the wind is from that direction it gets turbulent over there. Oh well, it's already repaired. Only one other epp wing out today, we did combat, and I won by default 2 times, he crashed both times when we got close to the ground. This thing is sparking some interest, may need to get more.

Watching Lee's videos, and running about 100/60 differential right now, it almost rolls straight, may need to add some more deflection. What are you running for differential in the elevons? I'll try 50% down tomorrow, and see which way it takes me. Oh what prop are you running in that "power sloping" video?
I am using less differential with the motor tipped the angle we have it on the mount. On my old planes I ran about 40% up to 60% down. I would mechanically set it up by turning the servo arm a couple of clicks forward on each side.

I am using the 7x6 prop listed in the Beginners Shopping List we did. This prop is not only the best deal but it is quieter than any others we have tried.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...51&postcount=1

Lee

Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Jun 28, 2009 at 08:04 AM.