Thread: New Product Hyperion Wolf Aircraft Samson II
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2009, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by Yergen
Joined Sep 2008
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant
Biplanes have certain characteristics that are pretty anti-3d so to speak. That being said this thing tumbles well and will parachute. Upright harriers must be flown to remove wing rock (for me anyway). KE is easily mixable and on my most recent flight I managed a KE loop.
But this is such a pretty scale ship, it's sacrilege to fly it any other way. I loke the 16 turn 4025 on a 17X10 on 6S the best so far.
FWIW the Eflite Power 60 isalso a good choice but keep it to a 16X8 on 6S and it's gonna be pretty fast for scale.

Hi Feathermerchant,

Try moving CoG forward (not back as the general recommendation for 3D flying would suggest), made a big difference for me with regard to harriers and wing-rock (ie harriers became much more stable). Also greatly improved every other maneuver for that matter.

It may be sacrilege doing 3D flying with this classic looking ship, but I don't have enough time and $$$$ to have a different ship for every occasion. I like flying 3D, and if the ship looks the part (as this one definitely does), then all the better! This way you get best of both worlds. You can fly scale, and when no one is looking, throw in some quick 3D stuff - ha ha ha!!

Thanks,

Yergs
Yergen is offline Find More Posts by Yergen