Thread: Build Log Sig 1/6 Scale Citabria Build
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:13 AM
EJWash1 is offline
Find More Posts by EJWash1
AMA 910957
EJWash1's Avatar
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,659 Posts
It was a long and enjoyable day in the shop. Since it gets hot out here, it helps to take a break now and then and dunk in the pool.

Fitted and ironed-on the top and bottom wingtip sheeting. I really love the iron-on method. It's a no-brainer, right up my alley!

Brought the ailerons up to finish sanding. The ailerons are laid-out and constructed as part of the wing, and then cut away. Afterwards, bracing ribs, leading edge, and cap strips are added. It seemed like it was taking some time to get them done, so I counted the pieces. Thirty (30) wooden pieces make up the ailerons, plus the nylon control horn. No wonder...

Braced the aileron bellcrank mounts against their adjoining ribs with :30 minute epoxy.

By the way, I learned a trick years ago about mixing two-part epoxy. I mix it on a playing card. If its about a dime-sized blob per part, I use a popsicle stick to mix it. If its just a drop or two, I use a flat toothpick.

When I started the build, I laid-out all the wing wood in the top half of the box the model came in. The box is getting sparse. I must be getting close...

Thanks for following along!

EJWash
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Last edited by EJWash1; Jun 17, 2009 at 01:22 AM.
Reply With Quote