Old Jun 13, 2009, 05:49 AM
PLD
Find More Posts by PLD
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,426 Posts
##CLOSED## Competition #3, Starting June 13. - For the GLORY now.

The fault: The track emerging from R10 hasn't been properly drilled, there's a fine trace left which is all that was needed to stop the circuit behaving properly

---------------------------------------
Well, it happened, I managed to conjure up a fault, amusingly it occured while I was fixing a PCB layout fault.

The prize for the day is the PLD-ESJ-CHG-RX, which is a nice replacement for those traditional on/off switches without the risk of failure from dirty contacts and vibration.

The board today is a new Lipo Normaliser board, unfortunately I found there was a fault in the design and I had to make some fixes which is why there's the odd red-wire on the assembly. The fix involved disconnecting the track in front of R2, R10 and R17, then linking a wire from the break over to R3, R9 and R16 respectively.

Anyhow, the middle circuit doesn't quite work, it turns on, the discharge process for Normalising the lipo starts but it never gets turned off.

I'd consider finding this fault slightly harder than the others, certainly it took me a while with a big light and my reading glasses.

Usual rules;

* Send me a PM with what you think the error is
* You get as many attempts as you like
* Let me know if you're in it for the prize or the glory

Clarifications;

* All parts are the correct values
* All parts are in the right places and the right orientation
* Nothing is burned
* The white-threads are just from paper-toweling, they have no impact

WINNER List:
* Prize winners: Neil of Australia, jj604 of Australia
* Glory winners: Dusk of Australia (has gotten every one so far!), Gussy