View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2009, 05:11 AM
Find More Posts by flyingrally
Where did Steve go ?
Alexandra
Joined Jul 2007
3,332 Posts
Woohooo flew mine today

After picking up the first Wolf II in OZ last week it was great to finally get a chance to fly her today.

She is running a ZS4025 swinging a 19x8 on 5s (5000) and flys extremely well. I did an amp draw test with a soft pack and found about 55 amps for a bit over a 1000 watts.

It was a bit gusty today but I had a hankering to fly some I decided to give it a go anyway. Takeoff was a gentle 5 metres into a soft climb. This power setup is definitely not unlimited vertical but it is more than enough to fly the plane and recover if needed. To be honest I bombed around on half throttle for most of the time.

Stall was the biggest surprise, I expected her to be a typical bipe and drop a wing but she just mushed and the nose slowly dropped, power on and away.

Landing was typical for a bipe and definitely one with a nose like this. Power on landings are a must. Here is where the wind became an issue. Power positive flying into a landing that is just below takeoff speed gets real interesting with the a gust at touchdown. The airframe is so light that power off on touchdown still takes the plane a while to become firm on the ground.

Anyway this ones definitely a keeper, well done guys.

Can't wait to try 6s next weekend with a slightly smaller prop.
flyingrally is offline Find More Posts by flyingrally
Last edited by flyingrally; Jun 13, 2009 at 05:23 AM.