Thread: Discussion gumstix + sparkfun 6DOF IMU
View Single Post
Old Jun 04, 2009, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by Red Nightmare
Joined Jun 2009
5 Posts
Startup on 6DOF Atomic IMU

Being a beginner, facing some problems regarding running of 6DOF IMU and interpretting its output............here is my query
> I hv bought an 6DOFatomic imu module. i soldered the right angled headers incorrectly to the serial port and during desoldering the pad of the rx pin came out (Is there any way to get a new pad or to fix this?) . So now i'm using the Din and Dout pins on the xbee to receive data via hard wired uart(but I am not connecting XBee module). I'm also connecting the vcc and ground pins. Another imp factor is that i'm using my arduino as a ftdi board here.. so using the Rx, Tx, Gnd and Vcc pins and have managed to somehow run the atomic mixer in this manner...do anyone answer me the following questions???
>
> 1) What other pins do i need to use to receive data in proper format by this method.???
> 2) What is the use of RTS and CTS pins?? (i hv previously used a bluetooth module in a remote and had shorted those pins.. i dont know why, but it was in the instruction manual)
> 3) Is the data packet received by the xbee from the imu different than that received by the hard wired uart connection from the IMU??
> 4) Why is there so great a time lag between IMU movement and display on the mixer?
> 5) What is the exact format of the packet that i receive after taking out the signal which would otherwise go to the XBee?

Please answer the query asap.. .....
Thanx in advance...........................
Red Nightmare is offline Find More Posts by Red Nightmare