View Single Post
Old Jun 04, 2009, 03:01 AM
GOK is offline
GOK
Find More Posts by GOK
GOK
Registered User
Turkey, Izmir
Joined Aug 2005
1,302 Posts
OK, after a looong wait for stuff to arrive from Hobbycity, finally they are here. All the electronics arrived te other day and I started progressing with this build again.

Here's what I've done so far.

- Servos placed (not yet screwed)
- All pushrods and connections are made
- Elevator + Rudder servo tray moved forward
- Firewall cut and reconfigured
- Battery hatch cut underside of the cowling
- Motor mounted and adjusted
- Battery tray prepared ready for installation
- Esc + Bec + Motor connections made
- Stickers applied

Still has some work do be done though:

- Battery tray has to be epoxied in place
- Retracts have to be installed and adjusted
- Servos need to be fixed into place
- Belly pan and air scoop have to be mounted
- Holes in the cowling need to be cut for airflow over the motor

The model currently weighs 2580g (5.7 lb). When all is done she should be a tad under 6 lb. As is, she balances perfectly.

I've tried the motor with various props (11x8.5 ; 12x6 ; 12x8 either APC or EMP) I am getting between 580 - 840 watts with 38-58 amps, depending on which setup I use. The motor is rated for 50-55 amps bursts. So I want to stay at around 650-700 watts with 40-45 amps.

A setup of this sort should provide more than 100 watts per pound, around 60mph speed and 0.8:1 thrust to weight. She won't be a power house but should fly fairly well.

Here are some photos of the progress
GOK is offline Find More Posts by GOK
Last edited by GOK; Jun 04, 2009 at 03:28 AM.
Reply With Quote