Find More Posts by oldscooler
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemxr
EJ,

I raced mx and desert in the early '70s and then a bit in the formative years of AVDRA about 1996 or so. Bultaco 250 Pursang. Great fun with Dave and the gang but too hard on the 'ol body. Every time I'd crash I'd lay there for a while and look around to see if I was in Heaven or the heat meant I was still alive and in Arizona. About that time I started using the vintagemxr moniker with my new Hotmail account and it just sort of stuck. Two constants in my life: motorcycles and model airplanes.

Doug
Very cool Doug! Boydstun is a great guy isnt he? Puts on some great races with our club CALVMX. I too have your sickness with bikes and sailplanes. Charlie Richardson of CR High Performance is another guy i do business with, im sure you know of him? I build CZ's and when i need HiPerf parts and services he's my go to guy. Another great sailplane buff and pilot. Its been two years since i badly broke my leg while racing my KTM495 monster. Just on the trail now but have a 250 CZ for the track. What is it about sailplanes and motocross? I was talking with Bob Martin the other day and he as well is an old MXer and sailplane modeling legend. Raced Montesa Capras. We actually raced together in the early 70's at Deadmans Point in Apple Valley!

These Cheetahs are somethin huh? I've been out of it for some time and i went to the hill today and my friends let me try out their Acacia and a F3B Eagle. Was a lot of fun zooming around those Cadillacs. Then i was flying the Cheetah and got a bad radio hit. Nosed in at about 75ft into a tree. Wing popped off with a little leading edge damage and the fuse and feathers was undamaged. I tell you my flying partner and I just love the Cheetahs over all that we've flown. Butt ugly, cheap and reliable but they are real survivors and a blast to fly! There is another one coming in tomm with a dbl taper RG-14 obechi skinned wing and another set of stock cores.

Take care...EJ
oldscooler is offline Find More Posts by oldscooler