View Single Post
Old May 25, 2009, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by romranger
I Crash Things!!
Euclid, Ohio
Joined Apr 2006
146 Posts
Question about seether COG

Paul, I have been following your designs for several years and finally ordered the seether short kit from Mountain Models (I'm in the US). Although they emailed me that their laser cutter was down, I will wait patiently. My experience as a designer and builder is intermediate to advanced, but my flying skills are much less. I hope I am not overreaching myself with the seether as my first flying wing. I also ordered the GWS 2205-15T V2 outrunner. One of the things that held me back was the English/Metric barrier on the designs (I blame it all on our Congress not accepting Thomas Jefferson's recommendation to use the metric system and not the English measurement system..Ha!). I have a small app on my desktop that does conversions, but metric is unfamiliar to me. While waiting, I am looking locally (Cleveland, Ohio) for laminating film suppliers.

Sorry to ramble. I do have a question. The build plan link mentions the COG at (65mm) 2.25 in to (70mm) 2.5 inches but my little converter app translates that to 2.55in and 2.75in. Which would be more correct? Keep up the good work.

Jerome (romranger)
romranger@gmail.com
romranger is offline Find More Posts by romranger