Thread: Build Log MDC F-14 plans and pics
View Single Post
Old May 07, 2009, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by randynsaudi
United States, LA, Blanchard
Joined Jan 2006
860 Posts
wings

First off please don't think i was bashing your build..i myself ran into the same thing on the 2nd build of the stock size..lucky i did'nt have the top plate glued on yet just a couple of small temp plates with hot glue.what i did was on the linkages i played with the V bend intill they sweeped even as i did have one pivot circle out by like only 4 mm.. on #4 the same thing happened and i cut out a hatch out of the top to were i could adjust the V rods intill i got the wings to sweep even..so i feel your pain..lucky i have a DX6 and found i could fine tune the servo so it would turn less one way than it did the other way...the others builds i made sure the 2 holes were even frome the edge and front and back. not to tell you how to deal with the uneven sweep , if you made the rods as per plans with the V, i would cut out a hatch to reach the rods and play with the V bends. if you go back to the post of my 58" one you will see thats what i did. the plus is , if you had to service or replace the servo you don't have to rip the plane apart. or you could use a heat gun and put a small warp on the wing tip to counter the roll. just my ideas. I get home from Saudi Arabia next week and looking forward to building another one doing the 125% one this time, have a JustGoFly 550th i'm dieing to try.hard not to get hooked on this bird. Just did'nt want you to think i was bashing your build..

Randy
randynsaudi is offline Find More Posts by randynsaudi