Thread: FAQ Regulatory FAQ
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2009, 03:57 PM
Find More Posts by slimplynth
Joined Apr 2009
1 Posts
Hi everyone...

I'm a Quality Engineer for a UK Aerospace company, dealing with most aspects of aero structures. To be honest I can see the need for plenty of regulations and I guess most of that comes from the Insurance obligations people and companies need to survive when it comes to liability.

I've heard it touted a few times that the weight of paperwork required to get an airliner in the skies is approximately 100 times the weight of the finished article.. which, i can see everyday, is probably an under estimate of what is actually required i.e. telephone calls and email traffic etc

Personally, I'm responsible for special processes, audited by Nadcap (sorry this isn't my CV :0) i'm just trying to justify the above)

These Audits are against manufacturing methods and Local Document Control of relevant customer specifications. I'd say I'd go through about 1000kg of paper a year easily

Anyway.. I've digressed... the reason I say the above is that I feel safer, even walking down the street or going on holiday; knowing there are stringent controls in place to safe guard my existance when it comes to high speed projectiles with enough momentum to shake me free of this mortal coil

Though I don't like the idea of stifling creativity... speaking of which, the reason I joined this forum was because of my electronics habbit. I had planned to go down the Kite route to avoid any problematic restrictions on data transmission. Is anyone here a member of the picaxe forum? If so...
Code:
Serout 1,N2400,("Reyto")
slimplynth is offline Find More Posts by slimplynth