Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:03 AM
Find More Posts by VillagePerson
Tao Jones industrial ave.
Wisconsin, USA
Joined Apr 2005
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry076
I fly the GWS Formosa I and a Zero, and am currently putting together a GWS-190. The engineering on the 190 kit is Superb!!! I hope the economy improves and GWS can release some new warbirds in the larger size.

I bought all as white NPS because I prefer to select the electrics I want and paint it myself. But unfortunatly it seems most RC flyers want everything pre-built. At my flying field all you ever see is RTF and ARF stuff. When I roll out my Green Zero to do battle with the many PZ Corsairs, people love to see it fly and comment on how cool it is. I tell them it's GWS and fairly cheap, and they act like it would be too much trouble for them to spend 10-20 hours putting one together.

Maybe I should start building them to sell, I wonder what people would be willing to pay for a ARF GWS fighter?
I agree, what makes GWS kits special to me is that they can be built and modified, painted, ect. as I wish. If GWS goes to making RTF type models they will certainly lose me as a customer (except for maybe thier servos ).

With GWS and a little effort, even a modestly industrious modeler can have a excellent little plane for about $200 or $300. There are already too many Hobby / Park -- Zone, Town, Lobby, this, that and the other thing RTF models out there in the world and I find them all quite un-inspiring.

It is my hope GWS continues to sell well designed air-frames that I can complete to my liking.
VillagePerson is offline Find More Posts by VillagePerson