View Single Post
Old Apr 08, 2009, 08:45 AM
Find More Posts by Big Johnny
Master Of The Crash
Vass, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2009
108 Posts
Money To Burn???????

I placed an order with Red Rocket Hobbies for A new Hobbyzone Mini Super Cub. Great deal $94.00 with free shipping. I wanted an extra Lipo to go with it. How much does a 2s1p 300 lipo weigh. maybe 3 onuces, but it didn't qualify for free shipping, so when I went to checkout it wanted to charge me $13.95 for shipping So I call Red Rocket and asked them why the shipping was so much for a little Lipo. They said they could adjust the shipping some. Heck, I figured they could just throw the lipo in the box with the airplane and give me free shipping. I didn't order the lipo. I have to troll for the cheapest prices I can find, I'm on a fixed income, but still have 3 sons, whom I have to feed & clothe. Plus all the other bills. Even with shipping, I can buy 2 Lipo's with a higher rating from hobbycity, for the same price. Before I got hurt, fell while working on Motor Grader and broke my back, I could work overtime, to fund my hobby, and I bought as much as I could from the LHS. I still buy from them. Hayes Hobby House in Fayetteville, NC. They are great. Mrs. Hayes & her son Alan are truly nice people to deal with. They don't stock many kits anymore, & I like to build, bu most of my kits from Tower or manufactures such as Dare, Top Notch, Mountain Models, ect, but Alan told me don't many people build anymore. They have a nice selection of Hanger 9 ARF's, and consumables. The only problem is they are 40 miles from my house.
Big Johnny is offline Find More Posts by Big Johnny