View Single Post
Old Apr 06, 2009, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by AttackingHobo
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Dec 2008
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daoldguy
Creating the "Controlled" cushion with the flat plate wing will be the difficult part, most are an undercamber wing or what I call and inverted Deep V, these both create the pocket cushion without making the drag overwhelming. I have a Dupron prototype of the German Jörg, it works very well as a hand push <no power just yet>.

The Ram Wing is the only Flat plate I have seen. <caption below>
Nearly all WIG boats utilise high pressure ram air for increased lift, but the plain ram wing WIG boat is considered to be one that does not have any of the advanced features described in the other concepts.

Some of the early WIG boats were based on this concept, usually they had a low aspect ratio wing (almost square) and a (large) horizontal tail mounted out of ground effect which provides the necessary stability. The wing is usually fitted with endplates in order to enhance ground effect

Some have a Elevator that is more for fine trim the smooth out the cushion, not a lot of throws or she just flips over.

I need to get back to my Jorg and work on it some more.
End plates on the wing tips? I was already going to do that.

Do you think bending the trailing edge down like permanent semi deployed flaps would enhance the ground effect, because that was another thing that I was considering.
AttackingHobo is offline Find More Posts by AttackingHobo