View Single Post
Old Apr 04, 2009, 09:52 PM
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Stacks On?
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
13,238 Posts
The problem

This plane has been through atleast 2 owners since new, it appears that as originally built as a nitro, it was showing signs of bad flight from the go. This is its second Fuse, the original was trashed on its maiden flight, it came to me with the original tail trophy.

This plane is/was a ARF, not a kit build.

It did fly again with the owner prior to me, however it seemed more a ground based vehicle. It would do 60 MPH down the runway and never lift off.....unless it hit a bump. Shortening the tail wheel to almost the point of dragging helped, however it seemed to fly with a "tail down" stance.

This plane has a strange negative incidence in the tail and wing, the 2nd revisions of the same plane, do not have that issue.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2441413

The last owner tried to get a new cowl, it seems they redesigned the plane and now have 2 sizes, the "correct" one was too small and would need heavy modification to make it work. I am rebuilding the original cowl.

If you have had this first revision Segull Edge 540_60, please let me know your dealings with this aircraft.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Jan 14, 2012 at 07:04 PM.