View Single Post
Old Apr 02, 2009, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by browncbr1
Craig B
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Mar 2009
371 Posts
Hi Brentrob,
Thanks for the heads up. I had read that several people were having difficulty finding the sweet setup spot, but figured that I could eventually get it right. Some folks seem to really like the gabby and I kind of like the fact that it could possibly be a sloper. I am in the Boulder, CO area and there are some pretty strong thermals around here along with wind. I wanted good wind penetration, as in the winter/spring time the wind can get pretty strong, typically 35-45mph. The Gabby might not be the best of everything, but the price seemed to be competitive seeing how it is all molded. I hope I don't have buyers remorse when it arrives. I hope it lives up to my expectations on quality of materials and completeness. I am going to put a Berg 7p, Bluebird BMS-306BB's in for ruddervadors (lighter, smaller, more torque, and proven in my other planes), and likely the Hitec HS-65MG and HS-65HB in the wings. I was playing with the idea of putting BMS-380MG's in for the flaps, but they are slightly heavier than the Hitec, though they put out 50 oz/in of torque. I'm wondering about the battery though. I think I would like to put a lipo pack in to save more weight... any recommendations?
browncbr1 is offline Find More Posts by browncbr1