View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2009, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by BD Flyer
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Build Log
Slow Stick AP build

In the upcoming weeks, I will be building an AP Slow Stick.

I am using the following.

Electronics

Motor: Power Up 450 with the Stick Mount

ESC: Castle Creations Phoenix 25

Servos: HXT 12K's (a bit overkill, but there just laying around in my house, so why not put them to use )***UPDATE: I've decided to use an 8 gram no-name servo for the elevator, and a TowerPro SG90 servo on the rudder.

Battery: Mystery 2200mAh 3s

Receiver: Spektrum AR6100

Other Parts and modifications

I'm going to substitute the stock SS wing for the Miss 2 wing. Joe Bennett came up with the idea for his SSV2. I was going to build the SSV2, but the old style aluminum Slow Stick booms are hard to find, and expensive if you do find them.

Landing gear: LG/camera mount

I will be reinforcing the tail with Carbon Fiber tape.

I will also be using various parts from Radical RC, such as the pusher motor mount (which I will probably use as a tractor mount), battery tray mount, steerable tail wheel mounting kit, and other parts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be ordering most of these parts this week. Stay tuned for lots of updates and build pics. And once I get this all built, I have a digital camera that takes HD video that I am going to put on this plane. I will also be taking still pictures with my other digital camera.
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Last edited by BD Flyer; May 18, 2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: update