View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by DesmoHead
USA, CT
Joined Aug 2007
143 Posts
Finally back in the air

Tim,
Hey!! Yours looks great too. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. Couple of things I'll do on my next one. Once I get the wing tips, leading edge and trailing edge glued into a rectangle, I'll round the leading edges before install any ribs or anything. Second, I'll be double sure to fit my servos before I cover anything. I used the GWS wheels because I like the way they look. You just have to be gentle with them. I have the stock wheels on my MSSX and they work great off grass for what they are.
I didnt end up having to use any servo extensions on the Bipe per se. I opened the top aileron servo and exchanged it's stock lead for a longer one, but other than that, all servos leads are stock. I used a spare AR6100 ply receiver tray (thanks James) and added a very small sister stringer between the main ribs. The servos plug into my 6100 directly from the top. I didnt want to see the servo wire between the wings so I used a long piece of shrink-wrap on one of the X-brace cabanes. There are a couple of other little things too. Nothing much, just enough to make it my own.
Are you planning on attending the Wintonbury Electric Fun Fly in June? If so, between you and I, we could represent the Millennium Nation pretty well I think.

-Eric
DesmoHead is offline Find More Posts by DesmoHead