j0e
Find More Posts by j0e
j0e
Greece, Peloponnisos Dytiki Ellada ke Ionio, Patra
Joined Mar 2009
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
It can be difficult to hand launch especially on the stock power system. It's harder to fly in the turns. Bank to far and it'll roll on it's back in a snap and can be difficult to recover. It takes experience to fly it slow (full elevator and balance on power). Difficult to fly slow enough on landing so you don't cruch the intake. It has canards and in combination with the elevons they must be setup carefully.

I don't want to scare you off it altogether. It's one of the best foamie jets around but I think it's more for the experienced foamie EDF pilot. That being said I'm only talking about learning how to fly something a little simpler. Maybe a mate could let you fly a more traditional EDF jet before you fly this. I'm sure someone else will chip in and tell you to go for it. Just my 2c

As well as the Phase 3 F-16 I recommend the Multiplex Twister but it's not as aerobatic as the F-16 BUT it is more durable. A lot lot more.
Thanks for the info, i understand that this may not be the best edf trainer but i love the way it looks and seems to be a good solid edf foam with strong wheels and in a price of less than 100$ without shipping cost i feel i cant resist. This plane is a temptation!!
j0e is offline Find More Posts by j0e