Find More Posts by Boneswamped
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Build Log
International RPG

Hey guys,
Just wanted to show what a couple of hours gets you with the RPG. I agree with Joe if this was a laser cut kit you could build it start to finish in a few days. I have finished cutting all the parts(Wow, that was not fun), and done some of the main fusalage build.
I thought I made a mistake cutting the mast front and back pieces because I couldn't make things line up during the trial fit. I matched the parts to the plan sheet, and they matched perfectly. Hmmm. I decided to adjust the parts to match the side-view of the completed mast, and that worked out for me. I hope that's ok. If not I'll chalk this up to practice for later RPG builds. I'm pretty excited, and expect to have the airframe completed very soon.
I need to order the blades to build the TWO blade set up, and the material for the TWO blade hub plate. Did I miss the plan for the hub plate because I can't seem to find it?
I also need to order all the electrics for the build. I want to achieve the same performance that Rich did with the RPG prototype. I'm kinda novice when it comes to selecting motors and esc. Feel free to give opinions on this topic before I order.

Rich I've sent a couple of PM's(I think anyway, I may have botched the send). Here's the summary of them if you didn't get them; I have a few questions concerning the build, and would greatly appreciate your input on a couple of ideas I have. I hope to make you proud with this build. I'm already having fun with it. Thanks so much!!!!

Regards,
-Mike
Boneswamped is offline Find More Posts by Boneswamped
Last edited by Boneswamped; Jun 10, 2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: title change