Find More Posts by makeitworst
UH-1 Gunship, AH-1G jock 69-71
So Cal ... Kingdom of Taxes
Joined Nov 2008
509 Posts
Smells like a Super Cub, trys to be a J3 and now it's a Clip Winged Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
Sorry for the delay. Life's been hectic.

Here's some pictures from the wing mod, and the finished product.
So Gene, you've taken the Multiplex confusion about what this plane is supposed to be, one step further with your mod - Smells like a Super Cub, trys to be a J3 and now it's a Clip Winged Cub..

I was hoping to find a way to heat and bend things to take the dihedral out, but no one has yet tried that apparently. I know it's not the same thing, but that's what I did to my FrankenEasyStar wings (immersed the tips in boiling water for about 2 minutes at a time, then pressed them flat, then dunked again .... about 5 times. Viola, flat ... and them added Ailerons out at the last 1/3 of the wing. Also did the 2700kv BL Inrunner thing, modded the rudder too.

Anyway - I may order an extra set of wings and try your clipping approach and still fiddle around with bending the originals somehow (still thinking about how). Only paid $40 for the plane including the Multiplex servos and it had 2-1/2 Dubro lite foam wheels, which is fine for taking off in even 2" grass at our field. Hell, the plane is off the ground in about 5 feet!

So, you went that nearly whole wing length with the ailerons and deeper to boot? Isn't it a bit "over aileroned"? How does it handle compared to the original? We still want mucho stability (for towing), but much improved response / control and then have some fun with it after towing up the gliders.

How did you make the hole for the servo? Exacto, soldering iron, or?

Can you explain a bit more about the CF struts you made and where they went, can't tell from the pics?

Last - what motor / size and batt are you using?

Thanks, glad I found your post.
makeitworst is online now Find More Posts by makeitworst
Last edited by makeitworst; Mar 24, 2009 at 11:51 PM.