Thread: Discussion Haoye J-10
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by Richard Evans
USA, TX, Canyon Lake
Joined Jul 2006
342 Posts
Hi Kyle

I don't think I ever figure out where the CG should be, maybe because there were too many variables, the canard was a full flying canard, which was a variable, the nuetral incident angle of the canard was something I kept messing with, the amount of reflex needed for level flight was another then the CG as well.
I do know that if you keep moving the CG back a little at a time, there will be a tipping point where it will become so unstable that you will be very lucky if you get it down in one piece. then move the CG back the other way.
One of these days, I'm going to dust it off and work on that some more.
Sorry to not be of too much help.
Maybe you can find out and tell us.

I used a 3s 2100 thunder power battery, and I'm not sure which ESC I have in it.

The 3s 2100 20C battery gets pretty hot after about 3 minutes so thats about how long I would keep it in the air. Perhaps if the CG was optimized, I wouldn't need so much throttle.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10
Richard,
What ESC and battery did you use in your J-10? I'm about to start building mine. Oh and what CG worked best for you guys?

Is this have a full flying canard or elevons? Also, who is the U.S. dinstributor for Haoye? Thanx

Kyle
Richard Evans is offline Find More Posts by Richard Evans